Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Two-face dog

I know I shouldn't be doing this. I can also predict the fairly dire consequences that await for wasting an hour's time blogging, but when the whole world conspires to keep you from studying, there is little that you can do to resistht the waves of distraction.

At no other time can you have such profoundly meaningful insights into so many things that will in no way help you in the exam tomorrow. At no other time can you appreciate the hypnotic quality of the arrangement of seeds in a pomegranate. At no other time can you truly reflect upon the illegibility of your handwriting. At no other time can you come across fascinating discoveries like the mole which was hidden all these years amidst the hair on your head. At no other time can you imagine "lol" looking like a drowning man. Well, you get the drift...

As everybody will have experienced, "study holidays" make for some of the most interesting time in a person's life. Be it watching movie after movie, flipping past pages with zero concentration, the sudden berserker-like urge punish yourself for wasting time and the occasional piece of information which is promptly forgotten, study holidays are extremely useless. (for me atleast).

If you are thinking about how the topic of this post is related to everything that I have said above, dont bother thinking. there is no connection.
I had intended to blog about a badly injured dog which had half its face siphoned off and was looking like "Two Face"'s pet dog. and my attempt at getting some medical help for the poor creature.

An hour is wasted! the urge to blog has subsided, and now its the time of panic to set in and give me some much wanted seriousness.

May the force be with you.

P.S. The credit for coming up with "lol" looking like a drowning man goes to Abhijit.

3 comments:

  1. I know...15 bloody days for studying...on no other occasion can dumb american television shows seem interesting. And on no other occasion does refreshing facebook every 2 minutes seem lucrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even start about facebook! I used to convince myself that I'm going to stdy and log out and after 10 minutes I used to be logged back in again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the very reason y i dont log out..my system is forever on standby..:) FBing every 30 secs.. :D

    ReplyDelete