Friday, April 1, 2011

Unemployment

My daily horoscope said that I will enjoy creative writing today. Hence this post.

I was employed and earning regularly until very recently. Unfortunately, my profession is not one that can be continued throughout the year. The demand for people in my profession starts after a few more months. If I do want to continue my profession, I should probably increase my charges. Not worth working for such meagre salaries.

Being unemployed has left me with a lot of free time. Especially in the evenings, not to mention pinching my pocket. Gone are the days of hogging 3 samosas in a row and not thinking twice about buying an Ice-tea later. Other than the obvious credit crunch there are also other things that are missing.

1) The long-ish drive to the workplace in the cool evening breeze.

2) Perks which included coffee, tea, juice, and the occasional tasty dish.

3) Lessons learnt in man management and communication skills.

4) Ability to put across sentences in as simple and persuasive words as possible.

5) Occasional physical tussles.

6) Making threats and hinting at blackmail to get work done.

7) Lessons in being patient and calm, irrespective of the situation.

8) Listening to good stories.

9) bonding with clients

And that's about it. I terribly miss being employed. But in the interest of my studies and the obvious point that my services are no longer required, Ive been discharged from services(without a pink slip!).

The only thing left to do is to drown my sorrows in a mug of you-know-what.

May none of you ever have to be unemployed in your lives!!
Ciao

2 comments: