Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What is the Question?

I was introduced to the myraid and mysterious ways of spirituality about 4 years ago. The journey started off with promises of ultimate knowledge, inhuman strength (mental strength obviously), an ability to be successful at everything etc etc etc.

All this sounds like a load of bull crap for a non believer. I am a firm believer.. why am I a believer? Because I have nothing to lose by believing.

After belief, the next hurdle to cross is practice. Regular practice of religious rituals is supposedly the easiest way to spirituality. After achieving some proficiency in that as well, the next thing is to find a spiritual goal to achieve.

When people said that anything can be achieved if one is disciplined, they very conveniently forgot to answer what it is that one should try to achieve.

The question "What is the best thing I will need in my life", is an extremely tough question to answer. I can be materialistic and pray for something awesome like a sports car, but that is useless as I will be left without a goal after achieving that. Since the process of achieving a goal is more useful than the end result itself, the thing that one must seek should be a very distant goal.

What is the question, is itself the toughest the question.

And unfortunately BMS does not give me sufficient time to ponder over it. Off to do some very physical activity (writing the workshop diary).
Ciao

1 comment:

  1. This is similar to "42", The answer to the ultimate question....but then...what is the question?

    ReplyDelete