Sunday, August 1, 2010

No passion.. no curiosity...

The title describes my mindset of late. No enthusiasm. No interest to do anything other than sit idly and stare at the computer. I had been warned many times about the apparent dulling influence that a movie or a TV show has on you if you watch too much of it. Much to my dismay (and the delight of my mother) it is true. The mind goes blank and often stays blank after watching a movie. And there is still the annoying part after the movie where the movie starts replaying in your head. Often at dangerous times like while driving or dodging a particularly nasty bouncer.

It is true that we are all very much influenced by the company we keep. That story, about two parrots who get separated during a storm and end up in a sage's ashrama and a dacoit gang respectively, is ringing in my ears. I have started acting quite unlike myself when in my gang of cricket friends.

1) Swearing now sounds like a way of talking. A sentence without any expletives is usually replied to with another sentence which is usually loaded quite heavily with the ones that you didn't want to use.

2) I am learning the art of laughing at defeats and the humbling, ego destroying revelations that there are always people who are better than you. It is quite a blow to your ego when you are made to sit out on a match you badly wanted to play. And the punishment for even a little whimper of disappointment is another match as a waterboy. I felt this is a wonderful way of beating into people like me that we are not bigger than the team and that the show will go on even if we're too hot headed to notice it.

3) There is no use being a little good at everything. One has to be good at everything or there is no place for him in this world. There should always be a drive to attain perfection.

Enough about cricket. Read a Sidney Sheldon during the past week. Was an awesome read!

Saw a death during the past week. And I did not realize that you should try and squeeze out a few tears while the mourning period lasts. Its nigh impossible for a person like me. So had a brilliant idea! stood in front of the smoke and volunteered to keep it burning. The smoke from the fire automatically brought the tears to the eyes and then it was just a simple matter of putting up a face which goes well with the tears. It sounds scandalous I know.

Lets hope this post marks the beginning of another bout of regular blogging. Comments welcome as always. May the starts watch over you. Use some sunscreen lotion if you want the stars to watch over you in the mornings as well :P (bad joke bad joke)
CIAO

3 comments:

  1. that part was scandalous indeed...
    of course.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the feelings said here are mirrored...have absolutely no interest in life whatsoever....

    in a corner of my mind, i feel excited that college is starting in less than a month, but then know that there are 4 tougher years ahead..watching lots and lots of movies, to the point that every movie I watch seems bland and boring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda makes us wonder...just some months ago, we dreamed of becoming great people, good engineers, minds stuffed with stuff needed or not, and blah blah, and now I can't even recollect what capacitance is..

    ReplyDelete