Thursday, July 30, 2009

Poetry

I have been sick for the past four days and isolation and being stuck to the bed are some of the best ways to gwet the creative juices flowing. Just to get rid of the boredom I tried my hand at some poetry. Here is one that I was able to complete and came out better than I expected it to.

The

White skin that glows like the full moon,
Great brown eyes as big as a balloon,
Lips as red as a ruby,
Jet black hair, sleek and shiny.

Her gait, as graceful as a swan's
The very flowers come alive when she walks on the lawn,
Her voice as sweet as maple syrup,
Small birds surround her and greet her with cute chirrups.

A smile capable of melting rock,
A gaze from her seems to stop the clock,
A word from her makes the most eloquent speaker lose his words,
Her skin as smooth as a pebble caught in the fords.

But do you here see the irony?
Unearthly beauty she might be,
But no matching heart has she.
So such a woman hold no charm for me.

- Shreyas S

No comments:

Post a Comment